THE MORTGAGE & LOAN GURU LIMITED holds a license (FSP704411), issued by the Financial Markets Authority (FMA), to provide financial advice services.
THE MORTGAGE & LOAN GURU LIMITED (FAP) has been granted a Class 2 Financial Advice Provider Licence by the Financial Markets Authority.
Company -THE MORTGAGE & LOAN GURU LTD (FSP704411)
Advisers & Contact Details
Jaz Bedi-DIRECTOR AND PRINCIPAL ADVISER (FSP704411)
E: [email protected]
Preety Bedi-FINANCIAL ADVISER (FSP1002003)
Office address: 2/12 Laidlaw way, East Tamaki
E: [email protected] & [email protected]
What we do
We are a small team of Financial Advisers who specializes in providing advice and transactional solutions for clients in Home Loans and Risk Insurance. we are expert in Mortgages and Risk Insurance. Whether you are looking to buy your first home or to grow your property portfolio, we are all about making it easier for you.
How we work
We work in the following manner:
We will agree on areas of advice requirements & establish the terms of our engagement.
We will get to know you and gather all necessary facts of your situation and identify your specific needs and objectives.
We will then analyse and research your circumstances & develop strategies to meet your needs & objectives. We will facilitate the application process for agreed products and services.
We will advise you with recommendations & review these strategies and actions on a timely basis.
We will also be providing you with ongoing services of assisting you in managing the re-fix of your mortgage facilities and any other related enquires you may have.
Jaz Bedi, Founding Director and Mortgage Adviser of The Mortgage & Loan Guru Ltd, Auckland started this company with a mission to help kiwis with their Mortgage & Insurance needs.
Jaz and his team are an expert Award-Winning advisers and passionate in delivering the great customer experience, our main goal is to help the clients in achieving their financials and real estate goals. We love helping the first home buyers and making sure they are informed and guided at every step.
You can rely on the Best Advice:
* Independent Expert Advice
* Best deals –Interest rates & tailored structures to save interest costs
* Risk Insurance Specialist
* Relationship & Personalized service
* First Home Buyers with Low Deposit – 5 % (Lending Criteria applies***)
* First Home Loan ( Previously Welcome Home Specialist)
* Refinance/ Refix
* Construction & Development loans
THE MORTGAGE & LOAN GURU believes that the key is to doing well financially is to know that money can work for or against us and that we have a choice which way it goes. Our advisers are passionate about helping people make the right financial choices by educating them (without being too boring!) about money matters and risks. No sales pitch, no up- sells, no scare tactic; arming clients with easy-to-understand information is our forte.
THE MORTGAGE & GURU LISTED AS ONE OF NZ ADVISER’S FAST BROKERAGES AND FAST STARTERS OF 2021
THE MORTGAGE & GURU LISTED AS ONE OF NZ ADVISER’S FAST BROKERAGES 2022
Jaz Bedi( DIRECTOR) EXCELLENCE IN ADVISE( LENDING) by SHARE & NEWPARK 2023
Jaz Bedi( DIRECTOR) SELECT ADVISER OF THE YEAR 2023 ( INDEPENDENT & FRANCHISE) EXCELLENCE
Jaz Bedi( DIRECTOR) RANKED AS ONE OF NZ ADVISER’S TOP ADVISER OF THE YEAR 2022
Jaz Bedi (DIRECTOR) NAMES AN NZ ADVISER YOUNG GUN OF THE YEAR 2021
Jaz Bedi (DIRECTOR) RECIEVED NEWPARK’S PLATINUM AWARD 2020
THE MORTGAGE & LOAN GURU deals with the major and Non- Bank Lenders:
SOVEREIGN HOME LOANS
SOUTHLAND BANK SOCIETY
HEARTLAND BANK ( ASSET FINANCE)
RESIMAC HOME LOANS
SOUTHERN CROSS PARTNERS
FIRST MORTGAGE TRUST
DBR PROPERTY FINANCIERS
OXFORD FINANCE (CAR LOANS) ETC
PROSPA ( BUSINESS LOAN REFERRAL)
Please note: We also deals with some private lenders outside above list on a case by case basis.
ACCURO HEALTH INSURANCE
FIRE & GENERAL
We are not providing any personalised advice on House Insurance and content products. We can only refer our clients to Tower Insurance however clients don’t have any obligation to take Tower Insurance products. Clients have to do their own due diligence on Home Insurance Products, The Mortgage & Loan Guru will not take any responsibility.
Duties of the Financial Markets Conduct Act to:
1. Meet the standards of competence, knowledge and skill set out in the Code of Conduct
2. Give priority to the clients’ interests and
3. To exercise care, diligence, and skill in regard to the advice we provide and
4. Meet the standards of ethical behaviour, conduct, and client care set out in the Code of Conduct.
You can find more information by contacting us or visiting the Financial Markets Authority website at https://www.fma.govt.nz/.
Scope of Service and Engagement
We do everything, we can make property buying process easier, we will guide you at every step. You will get expert advice on how much you can borrow, and the best mortgage structure. We will help you in making the right property decisions, with exceptional experience, brief information and insights.
Once you have found the property for you, we will guide you through doing your due diligence. We highly recommend taking legal advice from the solicitor before you sign any legal contract. As part of providing mortgage advice, we will also review your insurance needs –Life, Trauma, TPD, Mortgage Repayment Cover/ Income Protection and Health Cover. Buying a property is a big financial commitment and it’s hard to be relaxed about it. We only work for you, not the bank and not the real estate agent. Your Interest is our priority. We are best at what we do, most of our business comes from our clients Referrals.
Areas of advice where we specialize:
• Obtaining a new mortgage for first home, Owner-occupied property & Investment Property.
• Structuring your home loan to suit your personal circumstances.
• Topping up your existing mortgage
• Refinancing your current mortgage.
• Restructuring your current mortgage
• Rolling over / Re-fixing your existing mortgage
• Risk Insurance – Life, Trauma, Tpd, Mortgage/ Income Protection and Private Health Cover
Consequently, THE MORTGAGE & LOAN GURU does not provide advice on the following key areas of financial planning:
• General taxation
• Asset protection and estate planning
• Insuring your home, contents, car and other asset insurance
• legal advice, Will planning, Family Trust, Investment products (e.g., Shares, Bonds, Managed funds, etc.)
This means that the recommendations are in isolation of your other financial affairs. This may mean that your other financial affairs may not totally integrate into the advice we are providing in this document. During our advice process, we may refer to some of the above matters and offer some general comments to demonstrate the importance of integrating our advice with the above areas. These general comments should not be a substitute for you seeking specialised advice from us, or another specialist, later on these topics.
How we get paid
In the normal course of business, we usually get paid an upfront commission directly by the provider and in some cases an additional trailing commission over the life of the loan or insurance policy. Commission are typically calculated as a percentage of the loan value or issued insurance premium at a rate that can vary by the provider.
The commissions are between 0.55% and 0.88% of the initial mortgage balance or amount funded. We may/will also receive 0.15 % to 0.20 % of the mortgage balance on each anniversary. Some of the banks pay $ 150 for Refixing the existing Mortgage and some banks pay Trail commission.
A full schedule of all providers and their commission rates is available upon request.
We may also receive a share of commission on the Insurance of a risk Insurance policy.
Commission from Insurance Provider (AIA, Cigna and Partner’s Life) 100 % to 200% of the total annual premium. I will also receive 5% to 10% of each year’s premiums (Depending upon the Insurance company) for as long as the policy remains in force.
Clawback Recovery fee
If the loan is repaid within 27 months of settlement (the ‘Clawback Period), THE MORTGAGE & LOAN GURU may have some or all the original upfront commission ‘clawed back’ by the provider. To ensure the THE MORTGAGE & LOAN GURU is fairly compensated for the services originally provided to you, we may see to recover some or all of cost from you via a clawback recovery fee.
THE MORTGAGE & LOAN GURU have a right to Invoice you $ 1000 (admin fees) plus $ 200 per hour for the number of hours spent on getting you a pre-approval.
Examples of when we charge you a clawback fee include:
• The property is refinanced within the clawback period and TMLGURU was not given the opportunity to arrange the Refinance.
• The property is sold and the loan is repaid within the clawback period.
INSURANCE CLAW BACK
Most of the Insurance companies have a 24 month claw period which means if the Insurance policy has been cancelled before 24 months, THE MORTGAGE & LOAN GURU will need to pay back their portion of their commission depending upon the Insurance Company. THE MORTGAGE & LOAN GURU have a right to Invoice you $ 1000 (admin fees) plus $ 200 per hour for the number of hours spent on your application.
Admin fees – Change of Broker after approval
After getting the conditional approval, if you change your mind and wanted to deal with a different broker or directly with the bank, we have a right to Invoice you $ 1000 (admin fees) plus $ 200 per hour for the number of hours spent on getting you a pre-approval.
Service/ Brokerage fees for Private lenders/ Non-Bank Lenders
If we are applying through a private lender/2nd Tier lenders we can charge the 1% Brokerage fees of the loan amount. We may reduce our fees for our existing clients. If we are charging a brokerage fee then clawback fees will not be applied.
Conflict of Interest
We get paid commissions by lenders when a mortgage settles and in some cases at the mortgage anniversary each year. We ensure that we prioritize your interests by following an advice process that considers your circumstances and goals. We research suitable products and providers to ensure the advice meets your needs.
We also undergo annual training on how to manage any conflicts of interest and record any conflicts in a register that we review and manage. The Mortgage and Loan Guru is subject to a yearly audit and compliance reviews to ensure we meet our obligations while doing right by our clients.
A reliability event is something that may materially influence your decision on seeking advice from The Mortgage and Loan Guru/ from our advisers. Some examples of reliability events are legal proceedings against the Financial advisers or any of our financial adviser had been bankrupt in the last four years. Neither The Mortgage and Loan Guru nor any Financial adviser have been subject to a reliability event.
Any advice or product implementation provided as a result of this needs analysis can only be as good as the information received from you so we ask that you provide me with the information requested. Without relevant and correct information about your personal and financial situation we run the risk of giving advice that is not appropriate for your needs. If you are unsure as to why we need certain information, please ask so that we can explain.
Privacy Act 2020
1. It is understood that any information gathered for this needs analysis is personal and we undertake to keep this information confidential and secure.
2. The Privacy Act 2020 gives you the right to request access to and correction of your personal information.
3. Information provided by you and or any authorized agent will be used by us and any members of my staff for the purpose of providing advice to you and may also be used by any: a) product or service provider when implementing any of my/our recommendations or variations thereof; b) compliance advisers, assessors or by any claims investigators who may need access to such information; and c) other professionals such as solicitors, accountants, finance brokers, financial planners when such services are required to complement this advice and as requested by you.
Dispute Resolution Scheme
If you are not satisfied with our service, you can make a complaint through the following methods:
• By logging into the Trail client portal and pressing on the “Make a Complaint” button on the bottom right of the page.
• By contacting the Director Jaz Bedi directly on 02102793704
• By sending an email to JAZ BEDI on [email protected]
Once we receive a complaint, we follow an internal procedure to ensure we address the issue. Our process will:
• Acknowledge your complaint within 5 working days
• Inform you how we will address the complaint
• Gather any information that will help us resolve the complaint
• Aim to resolve the complaint within 10 working days.
• If we cannot resolve the complaint within this timeframe, we will update you regarding the next steps.
If you are not satisfied with how we addressed or resolved your complaint, you can contact the Financial Services Complaint Limited. They are an independent dispute resolution service that costs you nothing to use and will help us resolve any disagreements or finalise outstanding complaints.
Their contact details are:
Financial Services Complaint Limited
Address: ADDRESS POBox5967 Lambton Quay Wellington6145
Telephone number: PHONE NUMBER 0800347257, 044723725
Email address: EMAIL [email protected]
The Mortgage & Loan Guru/ advisers don’t give any guarantee that loan will definitely be approved rather we act on your behalf and can submit multiple applications to get a great deal. Loan approval will be based on Income, Expenses, Debts, Savings history, Account conduct & credit Criteria applies****